Monday 2 December 2013

The Clutha Vaults tragedy - a charity single?

On Friday the 29th of December I was on a works night out at The Stand Comedy Club in the west end of Glasgow.  After it finished, myself and some colleagues went into a bar just round the corner when I received a text from my wife to say that a helicopter had crashed on the roof of a Glasgow pub.

Clearly, she was worried that I may have been in that area of Glasgow at the time and was making sure that I was ok.  Thankfully I was fine.  

Unfortunately, many others were involved in this tragedy.  The people of Glasgow and Scotland always pull together in times of need - this was evident on the night as people nearby went to the aid of those caught up in this disaster.  

And that got me thinking.

This time of the year, there are quite often the occasional Charity Single in the charts - so how about the people of Scotland get behind a Charity Single to show our support for the families involved?

We all know that the band Esperanza were playing on that fateful night - and what a fitting tribute if would could manage to get behind them to release a Single to benefit those involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment